Thursday, November 5, 2009

So now I am just trying to eek out a few more days or maybe a week or two before I deliver. The babies will for sure have to stay here in the NICU (baby intensive care) because they are just now about 3 and 4 lbs. The doctors have been mentioning for the past week or so that the girl is not really getting any bigger, or at least she is getting bigger v-e-r-y slowly and that brother is taking up all the space and squishing her. I planned on talking with my dr about it tonight but this is the very only day he has not come by. It is rattling my nerves a bit and of course I cant take anything for that except Ambien. Here in a few minutes I'll order some up and try to call it a day.

The hospital is only about 2 minutes from our house so John brings the kids up almost every day. He has been amazing and he is going to deserve a big long vacation all by himself when I get out of here. We laugh that he is going to be a drunk on gin and tonics by the time I get out but I tell him don't worry, I've taken Ambien 2x a day for 10 weeks now so I'll be a wreck too. HA!

He gets up at 5:30, works a bit from home, heads to the office at 6:45 when my mom or his mom comes over to take care of the kids, gets back home at 6, feeds, bathes, and entertains the kids and then wrestles them to bed and repeat. And repeat. I don't know many people that could say their husband can/would do that so I am very lucky.

In the midst of all this Softy said "to hell with this place" and he hit the road. Nobody would tell me that he ran away because they were worried I would flip out. John finally set up a booby trap in the backyard with twine, turkey, and a crate and got him back inside after 8 days. He was a ratted up old mess with eye infections and a tick but we got him cleaned up and hopefully he is getting better. When I was home for that brief almost 2 weeks Softy would not come near me. He would stand at the door to my bedroom and make that Tomcat meow but if I tried to get up and pet him he would head for the dining room and hide under the table. Apparently he has taken a special liking to Mary Catherine and has been staying with her in her bed all night. Hopefully he'll come back around and forgive me for leaving him with crazy babysitters and in-laws.

The kids have been great and initially I was most worried about Mary Catherine and how this would affect her. She "gets it" though and it is poor Walter who I feel sorry for. He tries to be good when they come up here but the couch in my room is so tempting for him to jump on and the room doesn't have too many toys and so he gets really restless. Every few days I get a wheelchair pass and we go ride the elevators and (they) race up and down the halls hooting and hollering (after the offices are closed). We check out the new babies and hit the gift shop for candy. That seems to work better with him. On Saturdays and Sundays Mary Catherine comes up for a few hours by herself and we watch cartoons in the bed together. She gets bored after awhile and wants to go back home and be with her brother and toys. After being here for a few hours the mystery of this place is revealed to her and she can see that it sucks!

Some of my friends say "oh bedrest must be great, I would love it" but they are retarded. Who is the hell wants to lay in the bed all day and not get to see family or go outside or go to the bathroom without telling someone? Morons, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment